The official word on how we do what we do.
The policies listed below have been adopted by the Craig County Public Library Board of Directors in order to manage library operations and support our mission statement.
CCPL Mission Statement: The mission of CCPL is to provide materials, programs, and services that address the recreation, information, and education needs of all the communities of Craig County.
CCPL Board-Adopted Policies:
External—Public Services Policies
- Borrowing Privileges: Eligibility, Registration Requirements, Responsibilities of Borrowers
- Circulation Policies: Loan Periods and Renewals, Reservations/Holds, Overdue Fines, Lost or Damaged Materials, Restrictions, Confidentiality of Records
- Auxiliary Services: Photocopying, Printing, Faxing, Saving, Scanning, Library Phone, Copyright Compliance
- Facilities: Schedule of Operations, Handouts, Brochures, and Bulletin Boards, Use of the Library Facility by Groups, Americans with Disabilties Act Compliance
- InterLibrary Loans
- NRPLCoop Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement
- Policy on Volunteers: Policy Statement, Eligibility, Application Process, Expectations, Confidentiality, Resignation/Dismissal, Volunteer Rights, Volunteer Responsibilities
- Code of Conduct: Activities Not Allowed, Patron Expectations, Banning and Appeals Process
- Policy on Unattended Children
- Internet Acceptable Use Policy: Conditions of Use, Signing On, Time Limits, Waiting List, Staff Assistance, Printing & Downloading, Internet Use by Children
- Collection Development Policy: Policy Statement, Responsibility, Selection Criteria, Evaluation and Weeding, Gifts and Donations, Reconsideration of Materials